It’s a hot event on the culinary calendar, so snap up a gourmet ticket quickly! The best chefs from Stellenbosch head to Johannesburg to create unforgettable cuisine for Stellenbosch at Summer Place, which is presented by Sanlam Private Wealth and the Stellenbosch Wine Routes.
Don’t expect a seated affair – you get to stroll around and mingle with chefs and winemakers and enjoy live music entertainment, while you gaze at rare art pieces from the extensive Sanlam Art Collection. Need to get off your feet? Relax in the Brandy Lounge where you’ll also find a selection of cheeses and desserts.
“Stellenbosch has a recipe for living that is hard to resist and it is this enviable lifestyle that we bring to Johannesburg through fine food, wine, art and music talent. Our chefs and winemakers work the floor for guests to hobnob with them, while enjoying their tantalising fare and acquainting themselves with the latest vintages,” shares Annareth Bolton, CEO of the Stellenbosch Wine Routes and organiser of the event.
The chefs team up with winemakers to “create unique gourmet sensations paired to perfection with a curated selection of more than 80 top-flight Stellenbosch wines,” she adds.
THE EXCITING CHEF LINE-UP AND THE PLATES THEY’LL BE CREATING
- Michael Deg, Head Chef of the world-class Delaire Graff Restaurant: Karoo lamb with date and almond terrine and a spiced red onion gel paired with Shiraz and Pinotage wines
- Michael Broughton, who heads up Terroir Restaurant at Kleine Zalze Wine Estate: confit shoulder of lamb with peas, tomato and basil will be paired with serious Cabernet Sauvignon and red blends
- Gregory Czarnecki of The Restaurant at Waterkloof Estate: a crusted beef fillet with smoked potato foam paired with reds
- George Jardine of Jordan Restaurant: Joostenbergvlakte duck, with artichoke purée and seed crisps to tone with whites
- Bertus Basson of Overture Restaurant at Hidden Valley Estate: Asian inspired, crisp ham hock with cauliflower and parmesan, which will be matched with Chardonnays and white blends
Tickets for Stellenbosch at Summer Place 2015 cost R500 per person and include all the wine, food and entertainment on the evening, which starts at 6.30pm.