South African Airways (SAA) has advised customers that its flights to and from Lilongwe Kamuzu International Airport in Malawi have been cancelled for today.
The cancellation is due to the change of category status and resultant conditions which are currently not compatible with prescribed operational requirements for SAA to continue its scheduled services to and from Lilongwe.
“We operate within a highly regulated industry and must always ensure compliance with the prescribed requirements set out by the regulating authorities. We would like to assure our passengers that this decision was taken in their best interest and that of the airline. We regret any inconvenience to our customers as a result of the cancellation, and affected travellers will be offered all possible assistance to minimise the impact of this inconvenience,” says Tlali Tlali, SAA Spokesperson.
Customers are also encouraged to visit the SAA website www.flysaa.com for all flight updates and or flight cancellations. The supporting information will be updated on the Flight Status menu tab.
Friday, 15 April 2016
- SA 170 from Johannesburg (JNB) to Lilongwe (LLW)
- SA 171 from Lilongwe (LLW) to Johannesburg (JNB)
Assistance will be provided to all ticketed passengers holding a South African Airway’s Ticket (only) via any SAA Call Centre, City Travel Office or dedicated Travel Agent with the following conditions.
Rebooking Conditions applicable
- Rebook onto another South African Airways flight for a later date at no extra charge and subject to availability of the same booking class
- Change of cabin will not be permitted
- Change of routing will not be permitted
- This policy is applicable to South African Airways flights only, issued on SA (083) ticket stock and not on separate tickets of other airlines
- Tickets must be re-issued on/before 22 April 2016
- Travel must commence on/before 22 April 2016
South African Airways Call Centre Contact details
South Africa : Johannesburg | 27 (0) 11 978 1111 or 0860 606 606
Malawi: Lilongwe | 265 1 772 242