South African Airways (SAA) advises customers that its flights to and from Mauritius will be cancelled today due to adverse weather conditions associated with Cyclone Carlos.
SAA flights to and from Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport, Mauritius will be cancelled as follows:
Monday, 06 February 2017 (Only)
- SA 190 from Johannesburg (JNB) to Mauritius (MRU)
- SA 191 from Mauritius (MRU ) to Johannesburg (JNB)
“South African Airways regrets any inconvenience to our customers as a result of the adverse weather conditions. Safety of our passengers and crew is always a key factor in the operational decisions we make. We encourage all customers to visit our website www.flysaa.com for all flight updates and or flight cancellations. The supporting information will be updated on the Flight Status menu tab,” says SAA Spokesperson Tlali Tlali.
SAA flies to Mauritius daily with two flights a day on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Customers will be kept informed should adverse weather conditions affect any more flights.
All ticketed passengers holding a South African Airways’ Ticket (only) and affected by today’s cancellation will be provided assistance via any of SAA Call Centre, City Travel Office or dedicated Travel Agent with the following conditions.
Rebooking Conditions applicable
- Rebook onto another South African Airways flight for a later date at no extra charge and subject to availability of the same booking class;
- Change of cabin will not be permitted;
- Change of routing will not be permitted;
- This policy is applicable to SAA flights only, issued on SA (083) ticket stock and not on separate tickets of other airlines;
- Tickets must be re-issued on/before 10 February 2017;
- Travel must commence on/before 13 February 2017;
South African Airways Call Centre and City Office Contact details
Johannesburg Call Centre | 27 (0) 11 978 1111 or 0860 606 606
Mauritius City Office | 230 202 6534