South African Airways (SAA) would like to advise its customers of its decision to cancels flights between Johannesburg and New York due to adverse weather conditions.
“We have taken a decision to cancel our flights between the two cities due to unfavourable weather in the form of winter storm conditions and warnings issued by the National Weather Service New York NY,” said SAA Spokesperson, Tlali Tlali.
The following South African Airways flights to and from John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York will be cancelled.
Wednesday, 08 February 2017
- SA 203 from Johannesburg (JNB) to New York (JFK)
Thursday, 09 February 2017
- SA 204 from New York (JFK) to Johannesburg (JNB)
Assistance will be provided to all ticketed passengers holding a South African Airway’s Ticket (only) via any SAA Call Centre, City Travel Office or dedicated Travel Agent with the following conditions.
Rebooking Conditions applicable
- Rebook onto another South African Airways flight for a later date at no extra charge and subject to availability of the same booking class
- Change of cabin will not be permitted
- Change of routing will not be permitted
- This policy is applicable to South African Airways flights only, issued on SA (083) ticket stock and not on separate tickets of other airlines
- Tickets must be re-issued on/before 15 February 2017
- Travel must commence on/before 17 February 2017
South African Airways Call Centre Contact details
Johannesburg | +27 (0) 11 978 1111 or 0861 606 606
Operating Hours | Daily 06h00 – 22h00
Fort Lauderdale | +1 (800) 722 9675
Operating Hours | Monday to Friday 08h30 – 20h00 and Saturday to Sunday 08h00 – 16h00 ET
“South African Airways regrets any inconvenience caused to our customers as a result of cancellation of these flights. We have the best interests of our passengers at heart and trust that our discerning customers will appreciate that this decision was based on safety as the main consideration”, explained Tlali.
SAA encourages all customers to visit its website www.flysaa.com for all flight updates and or flight cancellations. The supporting information will be updated on the Flight Status menu tab.
“We will monitor the situation on an ongoing basis and be in constant liaison with the US authorities so that we are able to resume flights once the situation improves”, concluded Tlali.