JOHANNESBURG. 22 August 2017. South African Airways (SAA) would like to advise its customers of its decision to cancel flights to and from Johannesburg and Hong Kong International Airport due to bad weather caused by Typhoon Hato.
“We have taken a decision to cancel our flights between the two cities due to unfavourable weather in the form of Typhoon Hato,” said SAA Spokesperson, Tlali Tlali.
The following SAA flights to and from Hong Kong International Airport will be cancelled.
Tuesday, 22 August 2017
- SA 286 from Johannesburg (JNB) to Hong Kong (HKG)
Wednesday, 23 August 2017
- SA 287 from Hong Kong (HKG) to Johannesburg (JNB)
Assistance will be provided to all ticketed passengers holding a South African Airways Ticket (only) via any SAA Call Centre, City Travel Office or dedicated Travel Agent with the following conditions.
Rebooking Conditions applicable
- Rebook onto another South African Airways flight for a later date at no extra charge and subject to availability of the same booking class
- Change of cabin will not be permitted
- Change of routing will not be permitted
- This policy is applicable to South African Airways flights only, issued on SA (083) ticket stock and not on separate tickets of other airlines
- Tickets must be re-issued on/before 25 August 2017
- Travel must commence on/before 29 August 2017
South African Airways Call Centre and City Office Contact details
Johannesburg Call Centre | 27 (0) 11 978 1111 or 0860 606 606
Hong Kong City Office | 852 2877 3277
Twitter (customer service): @flysaa_care
South African Airways regrets any inconvenience to our customers as a result of the adverse weather conditions and we encourage all customers to visit our website www.flysaa.com for all flight updates and or flight cancellations.
Next Update | Subject to any changes in the current weather conditions.