1. New York, USA: After a long flight, the Mandarin Oriental offers the perfect respite for fatigue and body pains. Its giant spa suite, modelled after an oriental home, now offers a fireplace and dual massage, elevated bath and relaxation beds. Be sure to book a Thai massage.
2. Carmelo, Uruguay: About two hours’ drive from the capital of Montevideo – surrounded by pine and eucalyptus trees – the new Carmelo Hyatt has claimed its stake. Think yoga and meditation in beach studios, or slow walks around wine farms, with content cows watching you.
3. Lisbon, Portugal: AlmaLusa in the neighbourhood of Baixa/Chiado, offers the ideal base from which to explore the city. The Delfina, its all-day deli, showcases the foods locals love. As for the rooms, their understated trendiness make you long to spend the whole summer here.
4. Asbury Park,USA: About an hour from New York City is the new Asbury Hotel – a Bruce Springsteen stomping ground. “Eat, drink, swim and be merry” is the motto here. Movies are shown in the evenings At the Baronet Theatre on the property and on Fridays, a tea dance kicks off the weekend.
5. Porto Heli, Greece: Located on a gentle rise in the Peloponnese, the Amanzoe awaits. Take a quick helicopter ride from Athens to the heart of the country. The villas are extraordinary, with a focus on privacy for the whole family, and the days are longer, just for you. Visit Spetses Island nearby, book a day at the spa or simply enjoy doing nothing at the private beach club.
6. Milan, Italy: The Four Seasons Milano presents its unique, private and molto elegante dining experience under the skylight of the luxury brand Caruso’s store. Inspired by a short film starring Giancarlo Giannini, it’s an extraordinary evening. The hotel has the finest suites in the city.