That supermodel of a city known as Cape Town, has made it onto The Telegraph‘s Most Beautiful Cities list.
And it would seem that the Mother City is in good company. The Telegraph readers also gave Paris, Sydney, Istanbul, Luang Prabang (Laos) and Florence all the thumbs up. This is just another accolade in a long list that’s been heaped on Cape Town by admirers from around the world. It seems travellers just can’t get enough of the city’s remarkable beauty combining mountains and oceans with a contemporary city that takes itself seriously as one of the world’s greatest design and creative capitals.
Cape Town was recently chosen by CNN as “the ninth best in the world” and, earlier in the year, TripAdvisor users gave it the thumbs up for once again for being “one of the very best cities in world”. National Geographic also gave Cape Town recognition as one of the world’s top beach cities for 2015 and USA publication Travel + Leisure is still wowed by the city’s spectacular curves.
See our list of great places to drink in the spectacular beauty of the city:
- From the top of Table Mountain.
- From Robben Island.
- Cape Point.
- From any one of the beautiful beaches.
- Driving along Chapman’s Peak on a good day (and when Chapman’s Peak is open).
- Picnicking at the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens.
- The lights of the city from Lion’s Head, especially at full moon.
- Watching the sunset from Signal Hill.
- While horseback riding along Noordhoek Beach.